Romans 11:36

Romans 11:36

2/10/2012

Bitter Sweet
In last October, there was something wrong with my health. I got easily tried. I observe that I had some of red painful spots on my left palm and this had never happened before. I was cut a little piece of palm skin for testing. The result was causing my Lupus (Systemic Lupus Erythematosus). I didn’t think my own disease will happen again. It is Lupus! I’ve had it for 13 years and it’s been dormant for long time. I was really worried and stressed at that time because I had to take lots of pills like in the first time I got this disease; there were many side effects from steroids and lots of financial expenses.
                But I really thank God for How Sweet he is through the suffering situation and have learned lots from him. This was not by chance and God knew when it will be happen and in his perfect time.
It was during the break time before the 2nd semester started. I thank God for a great doctor, the way that he prepares money for me and especially for roommates and the body of Christ through prayers and serving at that time. So overwhelmed by love!
                It was seem to be low light but it turned out to be highlight for me! I have learned 2 big things from hard situation.
1.       I am not God! My life is not mine but God’s. I can’t do anything by my own strength. I easily think that I can do or control the plan by myself. God reminds me again to be humble and depend on Him. Let God control everything in my life.
During that time God used his verse from 2 Corinthian 12:9 to work in my life. I am really weak and I can see how to be blessed so much from his power in our weakness.  I want to be boasting my weakness like Paul for God’s glory.
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

2.       I have learned about my value and contentment is already in God’s sight. I never thought that I would care or be worried about my outward appearance so much and acceptance from others. I found my contentment and confidence was outward appearance but not in Christ! (Because of side effects from pills my outward appearance changed) God opened my eyes and reminded me again. My security is in Christ and I will be satisfied if God satisfied. God really cares about my heart but not my outward appearance. (Isaiah 43:4)
Suffering leads me near to God. I have close relationship and sweet time with Him. And also I can share how awesome and sweet is God to the body of Christ and others.
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.  2 Corinthians 1:3-4

              (Dr.Ching Ching & Me)
 
And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. 1 Peter 5:10
Thank you so much for your prayers and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment